Colby-Sawyer College seeks to provide students an Associate of Science degree in health science balanced with core Liberal Education courses. The core program opens many career paths for students who want to help others, while the liberal arts courses enhance communication, critical thinking and professional skills.
Objective: It is our goal to prepare students to enter the thriving field of allied health systems. We provide a liberal arts education with core courses in health and wellness and associated sciences to prepare students to diagnose, evaluate and/or treat disease and promote health and wellness in various populations and through different types of organizations.
- Students will identify common terminology, tools and practices used in health and wellness systems.
- Students will synthesize various theories of human behavior among societal cohorts.
- Students will discover and assess community resources for patients of health and wellness providers.
- Students will describe potential risks to wellness stemming from behavioral, environmental and social factors.
- Students will practice appropriate scientific inquiry, mathematical fluency and lab techniques for problem solving.
*A maximum of two courses may double count for credit within the Liberal Education requirement and the program requirements. Therefore, eight additional credits are allotted for free electives.