Highly qualified and motivated students interested in pursuing a master’s in athletic training, if they meet prerequisite and GPA eligibility requirements, enter into a 3+2 B.S. of exercise science to M.S. of athletic training degree with Plymouth State University (PSU). Students in this program are able to complete their baccalaureate degree in exercise science and earn a master’s of science in athletic training in as little as five years. Students interested in this program should contact their academic advisor or the college’s B.S. to M.S.A.T. articulation agreement coordinator for more information. Students must be exercise science majors to be eligible.
To be eligible students will:
- Major in Exercise Science.
- Complete a minimum 90 credits of B.S. degree at Colby-Sawyer College.
- Possess a minimum overall GPA of 3.2.
- Complete all Colby-Sawyer general education and major requirements.
- Have a minimum grade of “B” in ESS 211, 323, 324 and 421.
- Complete 50 hours of observation under direct supervision of a licensed Athletic Trainer.
- Complete PSU Graduate Program Admissions Application by spring of year three at CSC.
Students who complete Plymouth State University’s prerequisites and have earned a 3.2 minimum GPA will un-enroll from CSC and gain entry to the Plymouth State University’s 3+2 Program. Students will enroll in and complete 32 graduate credits at PSU which will transfer back to CSC to complete the B.S. degree.