Colby-Sawyer College is committed to being an inclusive and diverse campus community, which celebrates multiple perspectives. Under institutional policy, as well as under state and federal law (including Title IX of the Education Amendments of 1972 and the Age Discrimination Act), Colby-Sawyer College does not discriminate in its hiring or employment practices or its admission practices on the basis of gender, race or ethnicity, color, national origin, religion, age, mental or physical disability, family or marital status, sexual orientation, veteran status, genetic information or gender identity.
In addition, Colby-Sawyer College seeks to provide an environment free from all forms of sex discrimination and expects all college community members, visitors, vendors and other third parties to uphold this effort. Sexual harassment, sexual assault and sexual violence are forms of sex discrimination.
Colby-Sawyer College has designated multiple individuals to coordinate its nondiscrimination compliance efforts. Individuals who have questions or concerns about issues of discrimination or harassment, including complaints of sex discrimination in violation of Title IX and age discrimination in violation of the Age Discrimination Act, may contact:
- For Students
- Robin Burroughs Davis, Vice President for Student Development and Dean of Students, Room 105, Ware Student Center, 603.526.3752, Lead Title IX Coordinator
- Lisa Lacombe, Director of Hogan Sports Center/Recreation Hogan Sports Center, Room 001, Hogan Sports Center, 603.526.3775, Deputy Title IX Coordinator
- For Faculty
- Eden Wales Freedman, Academic Vice President and Dean of Faculty, Room 131, Colgate Hall, 603.526.3078, Deputy Title IX Coordinator
- For Staff
- Heather Zahn, Director of Human Resources, Room 230A, Colgate Hall, 603.526.3584, Deputy Title IX Coordinator
Colby-Sawyer College has adopted grievance procedures to respond to complaints of discrimination or harassment, as follows:
- For Complaints about Students: Code of Community Responsibility: Conduct System.
- For Complaints about Employees: Employee Handbook, Discriminatory and Sexual Harassment Policy.
Faculty at Colby-Sawyer College are bound by the Employee Handbook in addition to the Faculty Handbook. The Employee Handbook can be found on myColby-Sawyer at https://my.colby-sawyer.edu/myhr.