Colby-Sawyer College offers online and hybrid courses, as well the following online degrees: R.N. to B.S. , R.R.T. to B.S., M.S.N, D.N.P., and Associate of Science. Students are able to take 100% online credit courses (with in-person clinical experiences) that apply to their program of study. Online courses allow students flexible access to high quality, credit-bearing courses. Students in online courses interact with faculty and collaborate with fellow students to meet course outcomes through weekly online discussions and submission of assignments. Online courses are equivalent in rigor/outcomes to traditional courses.
The online program and courses ensure access to a high quality and progressive curriculum through Moodle, the college’s learning management system. Students online are subject to the same policies and processes as students in traditional courses unless specifically stated otherwise.
Colby-Sawyer College is a participant in the State Authorization Reciprocity Agreement (SARA). Consumer protection within SARA provides for the investigation and resolution of complaints that an institution is operating a course or program contrary to practices set forth in the Interregional Guidelines for the Evaluation of Distance Education in such a way that a student is harmed.
Before submitting an allegation, it is important that students first contact the appropriate official(s) at Colby-Sawyer College, following the grievance procedure outlined in this catalog. Grade appeals and conduct complaints are expressly excluded by SARA. To file a complaint against a New Hampshire institution with the NH Department of Education, Division of Higher Education, Higher Education Commission, one must exhaust all avenues with the college for resolution. In accordance with standard practice for SARA states, the division has established a web page for recording of a complaint against a participating New Hampshire institution: www.education.nh.gov/highered/compliance-allegation.htm.
Definitions for online students:
- Full-time online student: must be registered for 12 credits per semester (eligible for federal financial aid).
- Half-time online student: must be registered for 6 credits per semester (eligible for federal financial aid).
- Part-time online student: must be between 1 and 5 credits in any given semester (not eligible for federal financial aid).
International students and distance education:
- Students on an F-1 Student Visa may take only one online class of the minimum 12 credit hours needed for a full course of study in each semester. If that threshold is met, they may take additional online classes.
- International students may apply to 100% online degree programs from their home countries. Colby-Sawyer College does not issue I-20 Forms (US Department of Homeland Security Certificates of Eligibility for student visas) and therefore cannot fulfill requests for student visas for international students enrolled in 100% online degree programs.